Thursday, April 28, 2011

Delightful Dishes


Welcome, welcome! Step right up! Thursday's feature post is all about food... yummy, mouthwatering, delicious food! Each Wednesday I'll share a recipe for a dish that I have tried or really want to try.

Todays recipe comes straight from the Taste website. Last week I was feeling less than inspired and couldn't find anything I wanted to make for dinner. I asked Mr Peck to give me an ingredient to use (his first answer was something ridiculous like olives (not that they are bad, just hard to base a meal around ;) so we went on to his second choice - Pumpkin) and I did a quick search and came up with this beauty (which I adapted to suit what I had in my fridge)


Roast Pumpkin, Ricotta & Lentil Salad



Ingredients (serves 4 entrĂ©es or 2 mains)


600g Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 5cm pieces
2 tbs olive oil
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
1 x 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
200g ricotta, coarsely crumbled
squeeze of lemon



Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the pumpkin in a baking dish and drizzle over the oil. Season with salt. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
  2. Place the lettuce and lentils in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin, and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with the ricotta and squeeze of lemon.
The original recipe included tomato and red onion, which I didn't have. But it still tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comment away!