Saturday, March 5, 2011

Once.

Hello.
Today I had a lunch with family for my birthday which is on Monday.
I am turning 23. I don't feel that old sometimes, and other times, every bit that old.

Mr Peck went to a college social tonight and I didn't feel like it.
To occupy myself, I have been watching a movie.

It was called 'Once', directed by John Carney.



I didn't know what to expect. I got it from the movie hire place randomly, didn't really read the back and didn't really know what it was about. It started and I thought hmm, looks kinda low budgety and dorky.
It kept going and I kept watching, fixated.

Gotta say, definitely become one of my favourites.. not just the story - of which there wasn't a whole lot going on (but of what there was, it was heartfelt and interesting). What really had me was the music. The whole movie was focused on a guy who was a busker, a girl who brought him a vacuum cleaner to fix and the music they made.




And the music - totally amazing and touching.
It made me want to write songs again, and be that good at it! And be able to sing...

Here's the main song from the movie.



Oh, but there are so many good ones! Totally recommend Youtubing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comment away!