I am looking at my favourite bloggers all talking about their first spring picnics and the enjoyment of wearing shorts for the first time in ages, while here I am on the other side of the world going into Autumn (not that today is taking any notice of that! It's gunna be in the 30s today)...
So I thought, why not have a face off.. Pros v cons, positives v negatives, pluses v minuses, yes' v nos, yays v nays... you'll be getting the picture by now.
- It's starting to get cold enough for cardigans & scarves
- You can wear more greys & blacks and not get totally hot
- Pretty autumn trees
- You can wake up and take a deep breath of crisp autumn air
- It's my birthday!
- Prettyful flowers
- The first day you can wear shorts & a tee is an awesome, awesome feeling
- Mornings are bright and warm
- Spending more time outside
- You know summer is coming
- Spring colours
Autumn dang nabbits
- It starts getting hard to get out of bed
- When you wear jeans and it turns out to be a really hot day
- You know winter is coming
- It's not easy to get the washing done
- When you don't take a cardigan thinking it will be hot and it gets cold
- Birds start nesting which encourages swooping!!
So I have to say that it's pretty even ... but I couldn't really think of that many 'Spring nooooos'...
Sooooooo ... Spring and Autumn are pretty awesome seasons, each for their own reason.. But I think what makes Spring slightly better than Autumn is that Spring leads to Summer and Autumn to Winter.
What's your pick? Spring or Autumn?